Nurses have the highest rate of musculoskeletal injuries compared to other professions; the primary cause is patient handling. The challenge for safe patient handling is to design equipment that is both simple to use and requires minimal space.
Dream to Product took on this challenge utilizing a methodical approach that included:
- Recruiting a consulting team of clinicians to steer the development.
- Design Engineering utilizing 3D computer modeling with Solidworks.
- In-house prototyping.
- Supply chain development utilizing both local and overseas part manufacturers for low volume production.
- In-house final assembly with custom designed assembly fixtures and Quality Plans.
- In-house packaging and order fulfillment.
The result is a compelling, Made in the USA, product that has been sold and proven to be helping both nurses and patients.